Old 20-06-2005, 01:08 PM
Kay

In article , Charlie
Pridham writes

My year starts with B. salvifolia alba around Christmas, this is followed by
B. madagascariensis in early spring then B. salvifolia in April, B.
fallowiana by June then all the davidias and one of my favourites B. x
weyeriana. later in the Autumn B. colvelii and forsterii are lovely. All
make splendid climbing frames for clematis!

B salvifolia - interesting that the variety flowers so much earlier than
the species

Is B x weyeriana the apricot globular flowered one?

As to the rest - I need to do some looking at books. How hardy are they?
- there's a big difference between Cornwall and Yorkshire.
--
Kay