Old 20-06-2005, 08:30 PM
junkyardcat

Default Tomato Problems

My maters were doing fine, even though we've in almost drought conditions
right now in Texas...but now they're getting close to ripening, and
something is happening to some of them. I think they are Beefsteak variety
(I forgot exactly what I planted, but they look like a mutant, LOL! ), and
several days before they were the perfect ripeness, they turned real squishy
and pulpy like they are rotting from the inside. Any idea what the problem
could be? If I pick them when there is a little green left and they are
still hard, will they ripen in a sunny window?

Thanks! If you need to see a picture of the variety, just drop me an e-mail
and I'll send a pic.

Angie in the Boonies of East Texas...where it's HOT!!!