Old 20-06-2005, 04:20 PM
Sacha

On 20/6/05 14:41, in article ,
"pammyT" fenlandfowl @talktalk.net wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 20/6/05 14:13, in article ,
"pammyT" fenlandfowl @talktalk.net wrote:

I got him to send me a photo. Not that clear I'm afraid but it might

help.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...n/bobstree.jpg

We both still think it's Cercis siliquastrum, the Judas tree. Admittedly
it's not very distinct but it looks like it.

great stuff. Thanks I will let him know.
I am dead jealous of him having his own 4 acres of woodland and living there
in any case.If I wasn't on my own, I would be moving over there to live the
good life too.

Other may have different ideas, though, so hang on a bit. ;-) The other
thing that did pass through my mind was Lagerstroemia but I don't think the
description can be made to fit that, or vice versa. But they are grown as
street trees in the Dordogne and the Lot. http://tinyurl.com/d6ooh
I do hope his woods have the truffle trees;-)

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk