Old 20-06-2005, 03:44 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "pammyT" fenlandfowl @talktalk.net contains these words:

I have always frozen my beans and have never blanched them. Give the
bag
a good shake after a few days and they will remain separated. I use the
dwarf varieties for flavour and volume~~ also freedom from blackfly.
Blanched vegetables I find quite unappetising~ Brussels~ horrible!!

Same here. Never blanched a thing in my life.

I don't blanch fruit, but all other veg get the treatment.

I generally fry mushrooms before freezing them: since most of the
flavour is fat-soluble, I can take them out, slice/dice/chop them and
add them straight to casseroles, etc.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/