Old 20-06-2005, 07:22 PM
Andy H

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 20/6/05 14:01, in article , "datsy"
wrote:

Type in your postcode and come up with the natural plants of that area:

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/nature-online/l...ants/index.htm

This is a terrific site - very absorbing and thank you for posting it. I
was interested to see that what we call 'coral' is Black Bryony or Tamus
communis and that blackbirds are associated with it. Now I know why we
have
so many blackbirds! I rather like it but it has to be said that it is a
bit
of a menace in a garden. I note this site says that it's poisonous, where
as an expert on wild plants in Crete told us recently that the tips of the
new growth are eaten as a vegetable. I think I'll let someone else try
that
out!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Why show marsh plants? There are no marshes in the area covered by my
postcode