Old 20-06-2005, 07:46 PM
Stan The Man

In article , Dave
wrote:

(snip)

If the group as it stands is not to your liking then take yourself
elsewhere or don't read the posts that annoy you.

That would be possible if those who perpetrate off-topic posts mark
them as such and show some common usenet courtesies. If you believe
that you should not be bound by these courtesies, I suggest that it is
you who should take yourself to another place.

If you follow a thread
and it starts to become OT then you have my permission to stop reading
at that point and mark it 'not interesting'.

You are being condescending - and it doesn't alter the fact that it is
your position which is untenable, not mine.

(snip)

OTOH if you want to be treated as an adult and actually learn from
people who have a real life, have real views and are often extremely
funny as well as knowledgeable about gardening, then stick around, lurk
a bit more, get the flavour of this particular ng and contribute in like
fashion, and we'll be glad to correspond.

Patronising self-glorifying drivel. And no excuse for poor netiquette.