Old 20-06-2005, 08:31 PM
Mike

"This is where top posting makes life easier."

If only people would listen to me the first time !!!!

Mike
Who never knowingly lies :-)))

--
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Spitfire Fly Past
H.M.S.Impregnable Ass. Sussex 1 - 4 July Visit to Int. Fest of the Sea
"Pam Moore" wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 17:20:24 +0100, Kay
wrote:

An increasing number of people are posting replies to threads without
any indication of what it is that they're replying to, other than the
heading which may or may not be informative.

Like many (most?) people, I'm reading this newsgroup using software that
takes me straight from one new post to the next. There's an awful lot of
posts in this newsgroup, and when someone simply follows up a previous
post with no indication of what it's about, it's a hassle to have to
start backtracking to find the post being responded to, or, worse still,
try and find a post in a separate thread with the same name.

Please could people quote enough of the post they're replying to so that
readers know what it is they're talking about? It would make reading
posts a lot easier, and it would also mean that there's a better chance
of getting a reply.

Kay. are you saying that your newsreader just puts one post after
another irrespective of subject, so they are all jumbled together?
Agent, which I use, is very well organised. The posts are
automatically grouped under the subject line. I've never used another
newsreader so don't know how the rest work. I find no trouble and have
said before that it is a pain to scroll through long posts which build
up with each subsequent post, and then I find at the bottom "I agree
with you" or other one line additions. It's better when people snip as
much as possible. This is where top posting makes life easier. But I
know I'm in a minority here and don't top post any more!

Pam in Bristol