Old 20-06-2005, 11:53 PM
Salty Thumb

Janet Baraclough wrote in
:

The message
from "Hound Dog" contains these words:

The article I read stated that one way bodies of water are populated
with fish is by storms scooping fish out of one place and dropping
them in another.

So some of them would get dropped on land, right? Just how many
times
have you noticed stranded fish flapping around your lawn/road/city?

Janet.

Actually, they do, but very shortly afterward they hit dry ground they
magically transform into something different. I forget the scientific
name for the result, but some of the common names a baked fish, coyote
fudge, vulture droppings and worm food.

Seems like amphibians have a higher chance for a joyride through the sky,
though.

As for the original question, I think there was a imported snakefish
invasion in Maryland where the fish supposedly climbed out of the water
to infest other ponds. Other, less mobile fish may have to rely on
floods or cyclonic action.