Old 20-06-2005, 10:55 PM
CanadianCowboy

One man's pleasure is another man's poison.

I would love to sleep to that sound.

Don't get anything like that here in Canada .

Priscilla McCullough wrote:
I live in the south and have been kept awake several nights because of these
treefrogs. I also have a large Koi pond. I thought they were just reg. frogs
at first and was relocating some of the frogs to a natural pond a couple
miles up the road to cut down on noise. At night about 845 that loud frog
noise will start up again. Flash light in hand I finally seen them. Its not
the frogs I thought it was. These are tiny green treefrogs. Theres quite a
few out there. I tried to catch some but their to fast and at night you
can't see them. They hide during the day. I can't find them. They will croke
all night though. I live in a subdivision also and am worried the neighbors
are going to start complaining about the noise.
Any suggestions? Can the neighbors file a complaint about this. Its really
loud. Here is the sound that the frogs make, times it several times. It
actually hurts your ears out by the pond.

http://www.naturesound.com/frogs/pages/grntfg.html