Old 20-06-2005, 09:09 PM
Kay

In article , Andy H
writes

"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...
On 20/6/05 14:01, in article , "datsy"
wrote:

Type in your postcode and come up with the natural plants of that area:

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/nature-online/l...ungi/postcode-

plants/index.htm

This is a terrific site - very absorbing and thank you for posting it. I
was interested to see that what we call 'coral' is Black Bryony or Tamus
communis and that blackbirds are associated with it. Now I know why we
have
so many blackbirds! I rather like it but it has to be said that it is a
bit
of a menace in a garden. I note this site says that it's poisonous, where
as an expert on wild plants in Crete told us recently that the tips of the
new growth are eaten as a vegetable. I think I'll let someone else try
that
out!
--

Why show marsh plants? There are no marshes in the area covered by my
postcode

the plant database that this is based on is unlikely to be as finely
divided as post code areas - it's probably 1km squares, or even 10km
squares. When you type in your post code, it finds the square that your
postcode lies in, and gives you all the plants for that.

--
Kay