Old 20-06-2005, 09:12 PM
VX

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 21:00:11 +0100, VX wrote
(in message m):

I notice that your newsreader is Turnpike. When I last used Turnpike, which
was in the first year of it becoming available (gasp- getting on for ten
years ago!), even then it used a clever graphical interface that displayed
the threading of newsgroup posts. I found it to be an excellent newsreader
and I find it hard to believe that it has regressed iand become more
primitive since then. Your ISP's tech helpline should be able to tell you
how
to change the settings if you don't know.

Wooops- what I said and then edited out before sending was that it was
possible (with Turnpike) to go from one post to the next in the thread thus
reading every post in chronological (threaded) order, even to pick which
branch of the thread you want to read first- and it should be able to let you
do the same thing now if you set it accordingly. Also- I note with an uneasy
feeling that my post sounded a bit condescending. Not intended!

--
VX (remove alcohol for email)