Old 21-06-2005, 07:12 AM
~ janj JJsPond.us

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:36:46 -0700, "Darren" wrote:

My pond has been going just fine for a couple years now but lately, I have
seen a decrease in water flow.

When pumps fail, is it a "working" / "not working" scenario or is it a water
flow just slowly starts going down? For some reason, I thought pumps kind
of worked or they didn't. If they failed, they didn't work at all.

Hi Darren,

I'm familiar with the Moorehaven system. Basically an under gravel filter.
They are very knowledgable people, but I wish they'd move to directing
people to the more efficient/modern way of filtering a pond. That is, not
having the filter part in the pond, so when there is a problem you're not
tearing apart the whole dang thing, and having to find some holding tank
for your fish, or working around them, stressing them out.

Try what Roy suggested first, but I'm betting your PVC is clogged. If so,
consider converting to a tetra bell vacuum bottom drain and pump into an
out of the pond filter system.

I like the filter system my husband designed, but when I give advice about
filters, if people got the money I steer them to the vortex system.

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a