Old 21-06-2005, 11:36 AM
Rod & Betty Jo

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
Well done.

Since I was simply addressing a blanket and rather ignorant statement " It
is never the animal's fault. Never. It is always the fault of the
people who leave animals out to bark incessantly" .......The statement had
no qualifier for time, duration or circumstance.....one could surmise a
barking dog for 10 minutes as easily as 10 hours (both can be rather
irritating)....as it is dogs bark...its what they do...and just because a
dog barks the owner does not inherently deserve the subsequently proffered
penalties. Now granted expecting any sort of reasoned discourse here may
have been a bit optimistic.....nonetheless I thought it worthy to at least
call attention to such sloppy thinking or even flawed values...besides I was
bored.

You've been listening very closely to Mr President, I can tell

Politics? I'm sure there is a connection here however obscure....Does the
Presidents dog bark incessantly?

will get killed simply on your whim? So may we presume that you
value trees and dogs more than you actually value humans?

If you presume that, I shall deduce that you are a somewhat naive
person who has probably never heard of Lilliput or Swift and wouldn't
recognise irony if a large chunk of rusty metal crashed onto your nose.

I don't think I'd actually put this newsgroup prose quite in the same
category in either style or content....are you actually familiar with such
writing? Incidentally in follow-up posts such values were again propagated
so I'd seriously question such subtle irony as either intended nor
achieved.....One may hope it was simply hyperbolic exaggeration.....or the
writing tool of choice for the less gifted.

I guess people
pick their own values, too bad you picked yours....

Rod, you aren't equipped to pick anything deeper than your nostrils.
Janet

And your choice of such purposeless insult demonstrates your own
intellectual prowess? Rod