Old 21-06-2005, 02:45 PM
Doug Kanter

"Bourne Identity" wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 18:02:10 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

opined:

"Rod & Betty Jo" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter"
I agree. It's the peoples' fault. But, we are a backward society, so
the
people are not taken to the pound, held for a period of time, and then
killed. Someday, maybe.

Did I get this right?....The damn dog barks but it is the owners fault
and
not the fault of the actual dog doing the barking?.....and with a
hopeful
spirit you someday hope that people with whom you presumably simply
don't
approve of will get killed simply on your whim? So may we presume that
you
value trees and dogs more than you actually value humans? I guess people
pick their own values, too bad you picked yours.....Rod

Actually, I think killing the dog is the way to go, because of the misery
it
may cause the owner and its family. But, try and get people to agree with
THAT idea. Not easy. As far as "people I don't approve of", the word "you"
(meaning me) doesn't fit. ***NOBODY*** approves of humans of allow their
dogs to bark endlessly. Yes, that's an absolute statement, and is
inarguably
true, all the time, everywhere. Period.

Now, if you have some spare time, conduct a survey. I already know the
results, but you'll want to find out for yourself. Ask 100 people "If, for
one day, you could pick one unbelievably obnoxious neighbor, take a rifle
and shoot that person dead, and know that there would be no legal
consequences, would you do it?" I promise you that the results would shock
you. If you asked the question face to face, at least half would respond
"yes". If you conducted it anonymously, on paper, I think more like 80%
would say "yes".

For the record, my answer would be, unquestionably NO. I am gleefully
among the
20%.

How about a potato in the dog owner's exhaust pipe?