Old 21-06-2005, 02:49 PM
Doug Kanter

"Bourne Identity" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 03:36:04 -0700, "Rod & Betty Jo"
opined:

Since I was simply addressing a blanket and rather ignorant statement

" It is never the animal's fault. Never. It is always the fault of the
people who leave animals out to bark incessantly" .

......The statement had
no qualifier for time, duration or circumstance.....one could surmise a
barking dog for 10 minutes as easily as 10 hours (both can be rather
irritating)....as it is dogs bark...its what they do...and just because a
dog barks the owner does not inherently deserve the subsequently proffered
penalties. Now granted expecting any sort of reasoned discourse here may
have been a bit optimistic.....nonetheless I thought it worthy to at least
call attention to such sloppy thinking or even flawed values...besides I
was
bored.

Maybe you aren't that well read, or don't have comprehension of four
syllable
words, but what does the term "incessantly" mean? Is that a word you'd
use to
describe a ten minute barking session? OR, would the word "incessantly"
imply
constantly, continual, ongoing, perpetually, never ending, non-stop? One
word,
thesaurus.

In this case, you know exactly what it means and what it does not. It does
NOT mean that the dog is out there 24/7. It does mean that it's out there
barking long enough to **** you off, often in the middle of the night, and
that it happens pretty much every day. If new dog owner puts the dog out
once and it barks, and the owner realizes "Hmmm....can't have that happening
any more", that's a different story.