Old 21-06-2005, 02:50 PM
Mike

"amaryllis" wrote in message

Dave wrote in message
Kay wrote

An increasing number of people are posting replies to threads without
any indication of what it is that they're replying to, other than the
heading which may or may not be informative.

Like many (most?) people, I'm reading this newsgroup using software

Eventually we should have everyone copying the normal conventions here,
but I think we've just attracted a lot of new posters recently. A lot of
learner-drivers not showing L plates?
--
David

Please help a newbie - Is there any way of getting the ordinary Outlook
Express to position the cursor (for typing) below the previous text
automatically when penning a reply? This would stop me doing the dreaded

top
posting mistake!

Here's hoping,

Just take the cursor down the page with the up/down arrow keys.

BUT, please please please do NOT be put off by the net nannies. Barrowcloth
is having a very bad hair day so ignore her, pose your questions to the
others on the newsgroup and dive in. YOU are just as much part of this as
the 'owners' who will try to dominate the newsgroup with lots or very
personal chatter to others, create a hell of a long thread with rubbish
which could quite as easily have gone to email, but would not be so
''impressive'.

By the way, when you pose your questions, they will be dealt with by the
'ordinary' gardeners like you and 'her out doors' and a lot of lurkers.

Mike
killfiled by the 'owners' :-))

--
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Spitfire Fly Past
H.M.S.Impregnable Ass. Sussex 1 - 4 July Visit to Int. Fest of the Sea