Old 21-06-2005, 07:25 PM
Steve

Shagster wrote:
My water just isn't as crystal clear as I would like it to be... Even with
a 18 Watt UV Sterilizer (Turbo Twist).. Thought the carbon might help..

Carbon will certainly make your water very clear and colorless. I have a
feeling (no proof) that the clear water lets low plants such as anubias
and crypts get more light in a deep aquarium.

I'm presently running a bag of carbon in the canister filter of my
90-gal planted aquarium, because I like clear water. I've also gone for
years without carbon - it certainly isn't necessary.
Steve