Old 21-06-2005, 04:01 PM
Doug Kanter

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from Bourne Identity contains these
words:

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 18:02:10 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

opined:

Now, if you have some spare time, conduct a survey. I already know the
results, but you'll want to find out for yourself. Ask 100 people "If,
for
one day, you could pick one unbelievably obnoxious neighbor, take a
rifle
and shoot that person dead, and know that there would be no legal
consequences, would you do it?" I promise you that the results would
shock
you. If you asked the question face to face, at least half would respond
"yes". If you conducted it anonymously, on paper, I think more like 80%
would say "yes".

For the record, my answer would be, unquestionably NO. I am gleefully
among the
20%.

But your karma would be better without the gleefulness, which suggests
attachment and comparison.

:-)

Janet.

Scottish Zen? :-)