Old 21-06-2005, 04:06 PM
Vox Humana

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Vox Humana" wrote in message

"Rod & Betty Jo" wrote in message

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
Well done.

Since I was simply addressing a blanket and rather ignorant statement "
It
is never the animal's fault. Never. It is always the fault of the
people who leave animals out to bark incessantly" .......The statement
had
no qualifier for time, duration or circumstance.....one could surmise a
barking dog for 10 minutes as easily as 10 hours (both can be rather
irritating)....as it is dogs bark...its what they do...and just because

dog barks the owner does not inherently deserve the subsequently
proffered
penalties.

I think assigning "fault" to a dog for barking is at best pointless.
Under
the right circumstances a dog will bark. If your only point is to place
blame and not come to a resolution, then blaming a dog for baking would
meet
your goal. On the other hand, if you goal is to resolve the noise
problem,
then the only rational conclusion is to find fault with the owner for

not
managing the problem. A barking dog will seldom, if ever, take steps to
make the neighborhood quite. The dog has other goals. Gun owner will
quickly point out that guns don't kill people, people kill people.
Blaming
a gun for making noise or killing people is exactly the same as blaming

dog for barking. We could argue into eternity about whether guns kill
people and not change the fact that tens of thousands of people are

killed
by guns each year, just as you could blame a dog for barking and not

make
things even a tiny bit quieter.

Please post the number for the telephone that rings closest to your bed.
We'll wake YOU up at odd hours for a week or two and see if it changes

your
tune. :-)

Why? You would be better off calling the police or your attorney to deal
with noise problems rather than throw fule on the fire by duplicating the
irresponsible behavior of the pet owner.