Old 21-06-2005, 05:50 PM
Chris Bacon

Broadback wrote:
I have a lot of sleepers forming retaining walls, with this hot
weather they are exuding a thick tar like substance, which I
assume is creosote. Any ideas of an economical way of either
stopping this of covering the sleepers? The damned stuff gets
everywhere working or walking by them! I am not concerned
about the EEC directive, just the mess.

It's more likely to be tar, creosote dries out. Try scraping
it off and blinding the residue with sand. You could go over
it with with a blowlamp and scrape even more off, I suppose.

BTW - cross-posting is much nicer than multi-psoting! If someone
will x-psot this reply, it will be helpful, for some reason
I can't!