Old 21-06-2005, 10:06 PM
Maryc Maryc is offline
Registered User

Location: Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendit
Hello. Quick question here. Scenario is new garden plot, "new" dirt mix.

Vegetable plants in there will remain very small. Some will never grow and
stay the same size for weeks. Some will even produce flowers, even if the
plant size is small. On certain plants, the leaves will "disintegrate".

Any ideas? I am thinking improper nutrients in the soil, or soil too acidic
or something like that. Any info appreciated. CHEERS!

Do you mulch any of your plants? We have real hard clay soil here in Arkansas, besides the summers are real hot and dry. I put newspaper around my plants and put mulch on top. My plants just love the newspaper. They start growing strong just after putting it down. I don't know why though. I just know it works. Last year when everyone elses tomatoes died from the heat mine just kept producing and growing.