Old 22-06-2005, 02:25 AM
Shagster

I guess my REAL question was... Will activated carbon filter out plant
fertilizers like Iron supplements?

Troy

"Paul A. Ergh" wrote in message
I don't use carbon and my planted tank water is crystal clear. It is
actually clearer than the water in my non-planted tank that I do use carbon
for.

"Shagster" wrote in message
My water just isn't as crystal clear as I would like it to be... Even
with a 18 Watt UV Sterilizer (Turbo Twist).. Thought the carbon might
help..

"Dick" wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:32:51 -0400, "Troy Bruder"
wrote:

I dose my planted tank with Tropica Master Grow and Flourish Iron... If
add activated carbon to my canister filter, will I simplying be removing
the
fertlizers by way of the carbon??

Thanks,
Troy

Why do you want to add carbon? Unless you have some special reason to
use it, don't. I quit using carbon in my 5 planted tanks about a year
ago. No regrets. Glad to be rid of the nasty stuff. I keep it
around in case I find some special need, something to remove, but it
hasn't come up yet.

dick