Old 22-06-2005, 12:59 AM
Warren

Doug Kanter wrote:

No wonder they're doing it. I was there 2 days ago. 80% of their plants
were ready to drop dead. Meanwhile, 5 minutes away, 2 locally owned
nurseries were selling plants that looked like they were ready to be
photographed for a plant catalog.

The Home Depot in my area doesn't have a wide selection of plants, but what
they do have is usually in pretty good shape.

All the Home Depots may look alike. And they may have theoretical procedures
that should be followed at every store. And they may have centralized
buyers. But when you get to the garden center, each of them is just a
single, stand-alone store. Some take good care of their plants. Some don't.

And that's probably why they're training their garden center personnel.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
What's on TV? See the new fall network schedules online:
http://www.holzemville.com/television/fall2005.html