Old 22-06-2005, 02:06 AM
Jean B.

Salty Thumb wrote:

My eggsperience is the egg cartons work okay if you turn them upside down
so that the soil is in the top. If you do them right side up, I also
found they dry out too quickly, the soil volume is lacking and they blow
away easily if it is windy. You can cut up little pieces of milk/juice
carton plastic for dividers if you really need/want to seperate the
seeds.

My favorite seed starter is a clear plastic 64 oz. juice bottle. Drill
holes in the bottom and in the sides near the top. If you cut a mouth
wash bottle in half, it makes a good funnel for the soil. Cut the juice
ottle open when it's time to get the plant(s) out. It's practically
idiot-proof.

I had to ponder this for a while. Luckily, I accrue a fair number of
the water bottles, so I can try this. Thanks!

--
Jean B.