Old 22-06-2005, 02:17 AM
J. Davidson

My Birch is probably 9 years old. I will look for D shaped holes, etc.
tomorrow in day light.
Thanks,
Jackie
..

Birch trees can die of old age. Is it over twenty years old?

Mine are only several years old. They are whitespire birch only about 12'
tall. I checked trunk & every branch for those D shaped bb size areas but
found nothing. I'm a little concerned about someone mentioning they are
not for full sun. When planted, the instructions given were to plant in
full sun. Hence they have sun from about 9 am on. No little caterpillers

or
bugs on the leaves. I'm spraying with a fungicide to see if that will

help?
Any other ideas?

Thank you for your thoughts.

Diane