Old 22-06-2005, 01:09 AM
Mike Patterson

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 14:37:35 -0700, San Diego Joe
wrote:

"~ janj JJsPond.us" wrote:

Just got this in an E-mail, the latest in heron scaring:
http://www.pondfiltration.com/heron.html

Think I'll stick with my motion sprinkler. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Jeez Jan, I looked at that and thought, "wow, what a cool idea!" Then my
eyes moved over to the price. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Still, seems a person should be able to Mcgyver something like that.
Hmmmm...

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.

I'm thinking of the swinging arm being a fiberglass tent pole, the
motor a rotisserrie motor, and the pondside mount/pole made from EMT
conduit.

Considering the light weight of the swingarm, I'd think you could
cobble up a bracket out of about a 3" length of 1" aluminum angle.

Oddly enough, I have all of those in my basement...hmmmm.

Mike

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin