Old 26-10-2002, 04:09 PM
Charlie Pridham

Default Ivy covered tree

"Sue" wrote in message

I have a vague idea I saw it suggested once that you can take a cutting
from the adult flowering part and grow this into a shrubby fruiting plant
that doesn't put out climbing shoots. Is that correct, and if so could I
grow a few like this to add in an existing hedge? I'd like to include some
ivy somewhere for its food/shelter value and this seems an ideal solution.

Sue

yes you can, although the cuttings are generally slower than normal ivy
cuttings they are quite straight forward. you can produce nice variegated
shrubby ivies in the same way.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk