Old 21-06-2005, 10:09 PM
Kay

In article , Martin Brown |||newspam
writes

I like their phrase "protecting from birds if necessary".

My experience has been that unless blueberries are netted before they
show the slightest signs of colour the birds will quickly scoff the lot.
Only the redcurrants seem to be immune from birds here.

Whereas in my garden the redcurrants are first to go.
But then I don't grow blueberries. I do however grow loganberries and
tayberries and similar, and it's taken the birds several years to
discover them - even now, they don't take enough to be bothered.

--
Kay