Old 22-06-2005, 03:25 AM
Vox Humana

"Jean B." wrote in message
Vox Humana wrote:

Well, I want small plants, but I also want to know they will be small.
It is pretty hot here, so I wonder how wise it would be to order any
plants now? It sort-of sounds like I am going to have to wait until
Spring (or maybe try to grow some things myself), so I have quite a
while to gather information. While one can plant in the fall, the
plants would obviously have grown a lot bigger over the summer, and
hence they would be harder for me to plant.

Mail-order houses grow two crops, one for spring shipment and one for fall.
That is why both Bluestone and Springhill have clearance sales in June.
They empty their greenhouses and start over. If you order plants for fall
planting, you won't be getting plants that have grown over the summer, you
will get plants that are being started in the next couple of weeks.