Old 22-06-2005, 06:39 AM
RustyKoi

"DD DDD" wrote in message
My 300 gallon preform has clear water but I have this brown slimey film
on all the sides and all the rocks and plastic plants. Its not green. If
I wipe it with a papertowel it looks just like poop..Yuk It staines the
papertowel brown. Not green or red. I have a uv light and a large
bio.mech filter. The fish are healthy. Any ideas? Thank you

The only brown "stuff" I find in my ponds is where it's shaded by plants and
pots. Bacterial slime perhaps? I'm sure it's harmless. Does your pond get
lots of sun?
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.