Old 22-06-2005, 07:40 AM
~ janj JJsPond.us

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 23:34:33 -0500, (DD DDD) wrote:

I have a 300 gallon preform. My neighbor has a 200 gallon preform. I do
have bio.mech filter and all she has is a simple pump with a canister
and one fine sponge in it. No bio balls, no course filter or medium,
just one fine filter that is tiny. She said she puts no chemicals in.
She has 7 6 inch fish which seems over kill. She said her secret is a
automatic fill and drain system. A valve opens and puts in tap water
everyday (15%) And the overflow tube waters her garden. She uses no
declor. Is it possible to do this? She has done this for 3 years

Is it possible? Sounds obvious to me. Assuming she has goldfish, with good
filtration/water changes she could have 10. Giving each 20 gallons a piece.

never lost one fish. She has chorine in her tap water but says 15% daily
water change has not harmed her fish and her water is crystal clear. She
cleans the small canister filter and puts in a new sponge once a month.
Takes her 5 minutes. She does no other maintenence at all. Can A pond
function with no bio?

There's bio going on there, the sides of the pond, plants and all surface
areas thereof.

I would consider 15% daily changes excessive, but if it's working for her,
who am I to tell her that fish won't swim? ;o) Only question I have, are
the 7 fish 3 years old? ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~