Old 22-06-2005, 12:22 PM
Kathleen

Wow..I didn't even know we had tarantula's here..I have big ole wolf
spiders
and the wonderful golden garden spider but no tarantulas that I know
of..They are cool..
John
Bastrop.

It's hard to believe you haven't seen any in Bastrop! I live in Wimberley
and remember seeing them on the road all the time. I would notice them
walking across the road on the way home to pick up my kiddo from her
sitter's. I see them in Wimberley on the road too... but haven't seen any
this year, now that you mention it. I've never seen them in the yard.

We've seen a few tarantulas over the years but this year the number hit
4 and they've all been comatose. Apparently they were victims of this
wasp that couldn't get them into its burrow. As a hunter I eat what I
kill so zapping this wasp seemed appropriate in a way.

LOL
I used to have a tarantuala - they are fascinating creatures. It was a
Brazillian tarantuala (name escapes me ATM) and when my brother went into
the Marines I took it for him. The only pet I ever had that didn't stink
and could be left at home for a week or more with no problems.
With hope and heart,
Kathleen