Old 22-06-2005, 12:12 PM
Doug Kanter

"Travis" wrote in message
news:hq4ue.3454$1q2.2132@trnddc01...
Doug Kanter wrote:
"Bourne Identity" wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 18:02:10 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

opined:

"Rod & Betty Jo" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter"
I agree. It's the peoples' fault. But, we are a backward
society, so the
people are not taken to the pound, held for a period of
time, and then killed. Someday, maybe.

Did I get this right?....The damn dog barks but it is the
owners fault and
not the fault of the actual dog doing the barking?.....and
with a hopeful
spirit you someday hope that people with whom you presumably
simply don't
approve of will get killed simply on your whim? So may we
presume that you
value trees and dogs more than you actually value humans? I
guess people pick their own values, too bad you picked
yours.....Rod

Actually, I think killing the dog is the way to go, because of
the misery it
may cause the owner and its family. But, try and get people to
agree with THAT idea. Not easy. As far as "people I don't
approve of", the word "you" (meaning me) doesn't fit.
***NOBODY*** approves of humans of allow their dogs to bark
endlessly. Yes, that's an absolute statement, and is inarguably
true, all the time, everywhere. Period.

Now, if you have some spare time, conduct a survey. I already
know the results, but you'll want to find out for yourself. Ask
100 people "If, for one day, you could pick one unbelievably
obnoxious neighbor, take a rifle and shoot that person dead,
and know that there would be no legal consequences, would you
do it?" I promise you that the results would shock you. If you
asked the question face to face, at least half would respond
"yes". If you conducted it anonymously, on paper, I think more
like 80% would say "yes".

For the record, my answer would be, unquestionably NO. I am
gleefully among the
20%.

How about a potato in the dog owner's exhaust pipe?

I didn't know dog owners had exhaust pipes. Do you mean stick it up their
ass?

I suppose if you had a 2nd potato available, after taking care of the