Old 22-06-2005, 01:57 PM
Derek Broughton

Reel McKoi wrote:

"Mike Patterson" wrote in message
Considering the light weight of the swingarm, I'd think you could
cobble up a bracket out of about a 3" length of 1" aluminum angle.
Oddly enough, I have all of those in my basement...hmmmm.

=========================
Would something swinging be a danger to small children? As the arm came
around it could clip them... :-(

Ponds are a danger to small children... This specifically claims it won't
hurt the heron, so it shouldn't be worse for kids. It looks like there's a
10' arm, and something dangling off the end. If the pointy bit is high
enough to ensure it doesn't poke someone in the eye, and slow enough to not
hurt, it should be OK.

I'm waiting for Mike's experimental results :-)
--
derek