Old 22-06-2005, 02:46 PM
Wilmdale

San Diego Joe wrote:

"~ janj JJsPond.us" wrote:

Just got this in an E-mail, the latest in heron scaring:
http://www.pondfiltration.com/heron.html

Think I'll stick with my motion sprinkler. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Jeez Jan, I looked at that and thought, "wow, what a cool idea!" Then my
eyes moved over to the price. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Still, seems a person should be able to Mcgyver something like that.
Hmmmm...

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.

What I did this year, was purchase 50 lb test fishing line. Put up two
strands that look like a miniature ranch fence. Not bad looking at
all! Used the cheap wooden stakes you get from Lowes (or any store like
that) space them equidistance, install the fish line, and I have not
lost anymore fish this season (so far! :-P ) to herons.
Cost? $1.50 for the fishing line and the stakes were left over from 3
years ago when I put in the pond. :-) :-)
W. Dale