Old 22-06-2005, 11:10 AM
Chris Bacon

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
The message from Chris Bacon contains these words:
BTW - cross-posting is much nicer than multi-psoting! If someone
will x-psot this reply, it will be helpful, for some reason
I can't!

To where? The original post was only 'addressed' here.

Oops, sorry, I just happened to notice it in uk.d-i-y. Whether it's
elsewhere I don't know!

If it has
appeared in other groups, fine. I don't agree with your judgment that
crossposting is better

There are various technical reasons why it is better. Also, multi-
posts tend to be answered seperately in each NG, so there's no
cross-over of replies. If someone else in uk.rec.gardening had
the same problem, for instance, and an excellent solution came
up in uk.d-i-y, then the URGler wouldn't know!

much spam and trolling is crossposted, which is
why I kill items which have been crossposted to more than one other
group.

That's true. However, with a more relaxed policy of KFing
items x-psoted to (say) three groups, I don't think you'll
have a problem. I'm actually surprised at how little spam
and trolling is x-postde.