Old 22-06-2005, 08:26 PM
Snooze

"Reel McKoi" wrote in message
She may have her own well. Just a thought. I personally would feel I'm
wasting water doing 15% every day unless I did have my own well. But then
don't water my huge lawn either. I use recycled pond water on my flowers
and veggies.

What makes you think that having your own well gives you the right to treat
water like it's gasoline. It's not like there is an limitless supply of
ground water for everyone to freely use. Decades of using the ground water
in the Salinas valley by the farmers as if it's a free resource has caused
salt water from the oceans to get drawn into the ground water supply.

Mexico city has dropped a few feet over the years because of ground water
depletion. Other cities aren't doing so well either. Rural areas are
partially isolated from the realities of drinkable water shortages by virtue
of the fact that many have their own well. In the south west water is used
to mask the fact they live in a desert, everyone has a nice lawn, and pool.