Old 22-06-2005, 04:29 PM

Donna Maroni wrote:
need to spray Liquid Sevin. I've used a couple of different brands of
hose end sprayer, but they clog very quickly. Any suggestions? Any
likelihood a pressure sprayer would work better?

I've never tried a hose-end sprayer for Sevin, but I use a
pump-up 1-gal sprayer regularly with the liquid concentrate.
That seems to work quite well. Any occasional clogging with
that is always due to little bits of grass or other detritus
in the tank, and not due to the Sevin itself.

Some years ago, before the liquid concentrate was on the
market, a friendly chemist (hi, Robby!) worked out the
suggested amounts of powder to use with pump-up sprayers
and that also worked nicely--but the liquid Sevin is
much easier to use that way.

BTW, I've been getting cherry tomatos and a few "Patio"
tomatos from my containers on the south deck--my pseudo-
greenhouse--but last night I got the first Better Boy
from my regular plot. Eggplants are bearing nicely,
too, and I'll start bringing in a few of those in the
next week, I think.

Ken Kuzenski AC4RD ken . kuzenski at duke .edu
All disclaimers apply, see? www.duke.edu/~kuzen001