Old 22-06-2005, 07:01 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Harold Walker" contains these words:

Perhaps one more work of advise...am picking up steam on my three speed
Sturmey Archer Raleigh bike.....do I need a helmet these days....would hate
to break the law again over there...last time I did got fined 35 quid and
that was back in 1955...was caught poaching with about 25 grouse in the
car....received the fine in the post the very day I sailed for the
USA.....H

Helmets are not compulsory, though you may find no-one will speak to you
if you don't wear one. Also, it is de rigeur to wear at least one
reflective bandolier and to have flickering bright LED lights fore and
aft, and another on the back of your (reflective belt.

A GRP or carbon fibre whip is expected, and this should have a flag
proclaiming National Road safety Week on top.

I shall be watching out for you, BTW. While we don't have grice down
here, we have plenty of peasants and cartridges on the jolly old estate,
what?

HTH

--
Rusty