Old 22-06-2005, 09:54 PM
Vox Humana

"DigitalVinyl" wrote in message
"Dennis Edward" wrote:

"Vox Humana" wrote in message
.. .

I went to HD today. Same thing. Nearly everything was wilted BADLY,

or
just plain dead.

I went to HD a few weeks ago, and asked about a problem with my

tomatoes --
numerous holes in the leaves. The salescritter told me in no uncertain

terms
that it was caused by watering in sunny weather -- the drops of water

cause
lensing and burn the leaves. Uh-huh. I did a little research and

discovered
the *real* problem -- flea beetles.

I won't be asking them for advice again....

You expect a lot for a little over minimum wage and low prices, don't
you?

I suppose that sales person is supposed to study every plant they sell
and every bug, disease and bad human practice inflicted on each one so
they are prepared to play plant doctor for the public.

I have received a lot of bad information at HD and Lowe's. It isn't limited
to the garden department. I would rather that someone tell me that they
don't know than to just make something up and/or sell me the wrong product.
I have no idea what they are paid and it makes no difference to me. When
they ask me if they can help and I ask a question, I expect them to give me
an informed answer or to tell me they don't know. I don't think that is
asking too much. You don't have to be highly trained or well paid to say "I
don't know."