Old 11-02-2003, 02:55 PM
Dan D.

Default How do I root a sweet potato

I had 3 different varieties of decorative sweet potato vines
in hanging pots last season. When frost was right around
the corner last fall I emptied the pots and found a sweet potato
in each pot. I've left them laying on a shelf in my basement and
they seem OK. At least they are firm and not moldy.
I want to get sprouts from them for this year if I can.

How do you root a sweet potato??
Do I cut them in half and stick the cut end in a saucer
of water??
Do I stick toothpicks in them and suspend them in the top
of a jar full of water??

I think we did this as children but sheesh that's 45 years ago
and I can't remember the details.

Peace!
Dan D. Louisville KY good ole USA
http://ky-dan.com
sorry my e-mail in the headers is dead
this one will work -- kydan at myrealbox dot com