Old 22-06-2005, 11:01 PM
Dennis Edward

"DigitalVinyl" wrote in message
"Dennis Edward" wrote:

You expect a lot for a little over minimum wage and low prices, don't
you?

I suppose that sales person is supposed to study every plant they sell
and every bug, disease and bad human practice inflicted on each one so
they are prepared to play plant doctor for the public.

A lot? Saying "I don't know" if they don't know is "a lot"? Saying "I'll get
someone who knows about these things" is "a lot" ? When I go into the
plumbing section and ask a question about plumbing or plumbing supplies, I
expect to get some kind of reasonable answer because 1) Home Depot in
particular advertises that their "knowledgable sales staff" can "answer your
questions", and 2) because as a general rule I expect a company and the
representatives thereof to know a thing or two about the business that they
are in. That means that electrical supply companies should know about
electrical supplies, furniture companies should know about furniture, etc
etc etc. No different for departments in something like HD.

Having said all that, there's just no way that this represented "high
expectations", any more than expecting the lumber staff to know the
difference between pine and cedar. And your reductio ad absurbitum of
turning my comment into a supposed expectation that they have a PHD in
biology doesn't do your argument or your credibility any good.