Old 23-06-2005, 02:57 AM
Angrie.Woman

Vox Humana wrote:

The Wal-Mart garden center near me a complete mess, as is the rest of the
store. It always looks like a cyclone just struck. Lowe's has consistently
better plants than either HD, Wal-Mart, or K-Mart. I suspect, as you point
out, that the quality of the garden department depends primarily on how
interested management is in that department. I would be afraid to buy any
plants from my HD if I didn't see them being unloaded. I know that anything
on the sales floor has been stresses over and over due to improper care (or
neglect).

I mostly just lurk here because I know squat about plants, but I always
pick Lowe's when I can find what I am looking for there. The plants at
the local nursery are about 4x's as expensive, and the plants at HD, W-M
and the grocery tent look sad compared to the Lowe's selection. It looks
like they take good care of their plants, or at least depend on a
reputable vendor.