Old 22-06-2005, 10:20 PM
Reel McKoi

"Snooze" wrote in message
m...

"Reel McKoi" wrote in message
She may have her own well. Just a thought. I personally would feel

I'm
wasting water doing 15% every day unless I did have my own well. But

then
don't water my huge lawn either. I use recycled pond water on my

flowers
and veggies.

What makes you think that having your own well gives you the right to

treat
water like it's gasoline.

## I had a well in NY. Why not use the water as it was there and
replenished with each rainfall and snowfall. If no one used it, it just
ended up in the river and then on down to the ocean.

It's not like there is an limitless supply of
ground water for everyone to freely use.

## That depends on where you live. I live in the mid-south. No water
shortages here.

Decades of using the ground water
in the Salinas valley by the farmers as if it's a free resource has caused
salt water from the oceans to get drawn into the ground water supply.

## I'm aware of that.

Mexico city has dropped a few feet over the years because of ground water
depletion. Other cities aren't doing so well either. Rural areas are
partially isolated from the realities of drinkable water shortages by

virtue
of the fact that many have their own well.

## Our water here in TN comes from a small town Utility's deep well. The
surrounding towns get it from the river or a huge nearby lake. Again, it
depends on where you live.

In the south west water is used
to mask the fact they live in a desert, everyone has a nice lawn, and

pool.

## It's hard to relate as I never lived there,... although I took a trip out
west in the 1970s.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.