Old 23-06-2005, 01:15 AM
Warwick

RichardS wrote:
Got a bit of a surprise when I went down to close the kitchen doors last
Thursday....

http://www.olifant.co.uk/Olifant/Pub...ks/RSAN-6D8A55

This was a bit of a welcomed find, because in the five years that we've been
in Twickenham I've seen a year-on-year increase in the amount of wildlife
about. When we first moved here I was rather struck by the singlular lack
of birds (other than pigeons) in an area that is, by London standards,
covered by a lot of greenery. Other than foxes and the occasional curious
rat we hadn't seen any other wildlife, so a hedgehog was a very welcomed
resident. It also explains the reduction in snails and slugs that I've
noticed over the past couple of weeks.

Our cat did what any self-respecting 18 year old cat would do... sit under
the table & watch with dismay as the whole sorry spectacle unfolded.

Now, to encourage him/her to stick around we'll put out some supplemental
food - tinned dog food is normally recommended (and if we can find something
that the cat doesn't like then so much the better). I'm sure I've read that
fish-based foods must be completely avoided, but the St Tiggiwinkles site
didn't say anything on that issue. Anyone know?

Work send Tiggywigs a few hundred cases a year of the dog food we make.
I'll ask our lab folk what is recommended in the morning. I'm fairly
sure that quite a lot of checking was done before helping out. I'm not
going to name the brand, but we seem to be best known for involving
Tripe and a lack of additives and preservatives.

I'm trying to catch up with the froup and only have a week or so to go.
Reading about cold and damp problems is interesting with a fortnight's
hindsight.

Warwick