Old 23-06-2005, 05:49 AM
Dennis Edward

"DigitalVinyl" wrote in message
"Dennis Edward" wrote:

Mega-store sales people are not in the business of plumbing, more like
simply supplying parts. Honestly if you wanted old-style customer
service you'd have to go to that old hardware store that closed when
HD opened and everyone stopped shopping there. I don't expect anyone
at HD to be a plumber, carpenter, roofer, landscaper, machinist,
architect, electrician, stonemason, tile worker, cabinetry expert,
botanist, or anything else they sell supplies for. I'm lucky if I can
find a human being working there, and that goes for most stores that

Strangely, I *do* find the HD people in the plumbing and electrical sections
to be quite knowledgeable. Maybe it's a regional thing.