Old 23-06-2005, 08:39 AM
Travis

Dennis Edward wrote:
"Vox Humana" wrote in message

Sometimes you luck-out and find someone who really knows about
hardware, but
usually you get someone who really doesn't know much and who
spends all their time on the cell phone talking to management or
customers who call in.
Now THAT really ****es me off. I don't think there is anything
more rude than to answer the phone when you are in the middle of
helping a customer.

I've got the phone number for my local HD on my cel phone
quick-dial. When I can't find someone to help me with something
(and I don't necessarily mean a question -- often it's "I need one
of *those* brought down"), I'll phone the number and say "Hi, I'm
in the flooring section, I've been here way too long. Please send
someone.". Needless to say, to make me take the time to look up the
number and program it in, it had to be a real ongoing problem.

I've identified certain people in certain departments who I
absolutely will not deal with. If they're the only one available, I
walk away.

Now mind you, to put this in perspective, I've been doing reno's on
my house for 3 years now, so I'm *very* familiar with HD.

What is a "reno"?

As is my truck. I just turn it on, say "mush", and it takes me there.

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington