Old 23-06-2005, 03:17 AM
DigitalVinyl

"Dave" wrote:

This year I planted my tomatoes in holes filled with mulch and as a
result I'm getting bigger plants than I am used to. The problem is
keeping them tied up. I need so much material to tie them that I have
started using twine rather than the traditonal cloth strips torn from
old sheets. Is twine the standard for those who don't use cages?

Thanks

They other day I needed to tie a friend's tomato plant to a stake (I'm
plant and fish-sitting while they are vacationing). I didn't have wire
handy and was in a rush, so I broke a wild onion/chive plant that was
growing from a crack in the patio. Threw off the flower head and used
it like cord. Worked great for now. I think I'm just going to give
them a cage to make it easy.

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
3rd year gardener
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/royalf...=/2055&.src=ph