Old 23-06-2005, 01:34 PM
The Cook

"Dave" wrote:

This year I planted my tomatoes in holes filled with mulch and as a
result I'm getting bigger plants than I am used to. The problem is
keeping them tied up. I need so much material to tie them that I have
started using twine rather than the traditonal cloth strips torn from
old sheets. Is twine the standard for those who don't use cages?

Thanks

I use old stockings. I managed to get a bag full last year for about
$1.00. We use 5' cages but some branches manage to escape and if you
try to put back in, they break. Besides if you get all of the
branches inside the cage, the plant can collapse.

--
Susan N.

"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent indignation, and 50 percent envy."