Old 23-06-2005, 12:38 PM
pixi

The kind of algae I have is large and fluffy. Not the string kind or the
fine floating stuff that turns the water green.

Been running the waterfall with filter and skimmer for two days now and most
of the surface algae is gone but there is still plenty down under. The
little fish seem to hang out in the algae and I hate to skim it out with a
net.

While I'm here might as well bring this up. When I bought my waterfall
equipment my pump was a waterfall pump with an outlet of about 1-1/4 inch.
The brilliant person who set up the pond said that pump would never do and
sold me a pump with about a two-inch outlet which screws into a two-inch
corrogated pipe that goes up to the waterfall.

The pond person said that the waterfall pump could not deliver enough water.
I have discovered that this "expert" really doesn't know much about setting
up a pond or doesn't care what kind of a job he does.

I would like to try my original pondmaster waterfall pump (that is supposed
to deliver more than 3000 gallons an hour) but can I get an adapter that
would allow my to connect it to the 2-inch pipe?

I have spent an awful lot of time trying redo the result of the "experts"
expertise, like building up low spots around the perimeter where the water
leaks out. I've got to figure out a way to lever up one side of the
waterfall rock so all the water doesn't flow to one side. I will just have
to leave the rocks lining the inside of the pond unless I can hire someone
to do it for me.

Regrettably I am getting too old for a lot of work I could once do with
ease.

Is there an adapter that will go from 1-1/4 inch to 2"inch?

Nuff said (or too much said) for now.

Thank you all so much. What would I do without you??

Pixi